Setting up Okta for First Time Staff/Faculty
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) provides a security layer to users accessing data. The passcode generated by MFA is unique and random each time the user logs in. Traditional usernames and passwords can be stolen and are vulnerable to malicious activities such as password guessing. MFA is an important tool used to protect sensitive information accessed by users.
The following will guide you through configuring your Okta account for the first time.
*This is a one-time process. You will not have to do this each time you log in to one of the affected applications.
1. Navigate to https://signin.kccd.edu. You should see the login screen similar to the one below.
2. Login with your district/campus credentials (email and password).
*If you are NOT a staff or faculty member, please proceed to step 5.
3. When you have logged in successfully, you should be prompted to set up multifactor authentication (MFA). Under Okta Verify, click Setup(see image below).
4. Next, you will be prompted to select your device (smartphone) type. Select the model/operating system that corresponds with your smartphone (see below). You will be directed to download the Okta Verify app from the appropriate app store.
Once the app has been successfully installed on your device, click Next. You should be presented with a QR code (example below) which the app will prompt you to scan.
Once the QR code has been scanned, the Okta Verify app will prompt you to allow push notifications, then confirm your account has been added. You will then be presented with the following window in the browser on your computer:
5. After logging in successfully, you will be asked to select an image to associate with your account. Select an image and click Create My Account.
* Continued from Step 2 for Students
6. Once all steps are completed, you may see a page similar to one of the examples below. This means your Okta configuration is complete. Feel free to close the browser window or proceed to the desired application.