Okta Verify FAQs
Okta Verify is a mobile app you can use to confirm your identity when you sign in to your apps protected by Okta.
This is what you can do with the Okta Verify app:
- Add an account to register your device with your organization's Okta solution.
- Add accounts that require Okta Verify for authentication.
- Confirm your identity to prove that you're the one who tries to access the resources protected by Okta.
- Manage the enrolled accounts.
This is what you can't do from the Okta Verify app:
- Only if your organization supports Okta FastPass can you open the apps dashboard directly from Okta Verify. Open the Okta End-User Dashboard from Okta Verify on iOS devices or Open the Okta End-User Dashboard from Okta Verify on Android devices. If you can't access the apps dashboard directly from Okta Verify, sign in to your account from a desktop computer or a mobile browser.
- You can't reset your Okta Verify enrollment directly from the app. Instead, see Restore Okta Verify on the same iOS device or Restore Okta Verify on the same Android device.
When working with Okta Verify, those terms all mean essentially the same thing: establishing or re-establishing a connection between your Okta account and the specific Okta Verify app installed on your device.
The Okta End-User Dashboard is a platform that offers secure access to your enterprise applications and information. The dashboard shows all of the apps available to you and allows you to edit your profile settings. See Okta End-User Dashboard.
If you no longer have access to your previous device in order to update your account settings, your Okta account will have to be reset. Please submit a Help Desk case and a member of your campus IT team will contact you.
- Setting up Okta for first time Staff/Faculty
- Setting up Okta for first time Students
- Okta Verify: Configuring mobile app (Apple iOS)
- Okta Verify: Configuring mobile app (Android)