Recruitment & Selection
- First Level Interviews: November 27, 2023
- Finalist Interviews: November 28-29
Please note: Date are subject to change as necessary.
The District has retained Academic Search to support its search and selection processes. For confidential inquiries and questions, please contact:
Senior Consultant Dr. Shirley Robinson Pippins, Shirley.Pippins@academicsearch.org
Consultant Krista Johns JD, Krista.Johns@academicsearch.org
For additional inquires please contact:
Ibrahim “Abe” Ali, Vice Chancellor of Human Resources via email@example.com
In the Kern Community College District, we strive to maintain a workplace that welcomes individuals from all groups, appreciates the contributions of individuals from diverse backgrounds, and we work to create an anti-racist environment that fosters cooperation, acceptance, democracy, and free expression of ideas that is welcoming to all gender identities, persons with disabilities, and individuals from all ethnic and other groups protected from discrimination as per Title 5, section 53000 et seq. In the Kern Community College district, we actively promote, on an on-going basis, equal opportunity, workplace diversity, and an inclusive work environment. We continuously monitor our progress in these areas.
Conditions of Employment
- Successful completion of background and Live Scan clearance and TB screening.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States and signing of loyalty oath per government codes 3100-3109.
- Meeting applicable eligibility requirements under CalPERS or CalSTRS if you are a current or former member
- Board of Trustees approval.
Required Application Materials
- Completed Online Application for Employment
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- List of professional references to include:
- Minimum of 5 professional references
- References may include supervisors, direct reports, faculty members, support staff, community members and peers.
- Must provide name, title, preferred email addresses, and preferred phone numbers.
- Copy of legible transcripts (Official transcripts will be required upon offer of employment