Dual Enrollment/Early College
High school students taking college courses in Kern CCD have two options:
- they can register for courses on a college campus, a satellite location, or online through Concurrent Enrollment
- they can be enrolled in courses that are offered on their high school campus through a Dual Enrollment partnership, which is defined by an MOU Agreement between Kern CCD and the high school district.
Some high school partners also offer tailored Early College programs for students to complete college credits, certificates, or degrees while in high school, but these programs vary by college, district, and high school.
Each college has slightly different definitions and processes for the programs that they have established for students to earn college credits, certificates, and/or degrees while in high school. To support program and enrollment growth across the district, the dual & concurrent enrollment transition teams were formed by each college and at the district office.
Existing High School Partnerships
- Agreements Instructions & Deadlines
- Kern CCD Non-CCAP Course Agreement (CA) Template
- Kern CCD Non-CCAP Course Instructor Agreement (CIA) Template
- Kern CCD Non-CCAP Dual Enrollment MOU Agreement Template
- Kern CCD CCAP Agreement Template
College Dual & Concurrent Enrollment Pages
- Bakersfield College: Early College Website
- Cerro Coso Community College: Dual & Concurrent Enrollment Website
- Porterville College: Fast Track to College Program