KCCD Guiding Principles
Our Vision is that the Kern Community College District is recognized as an exemplary educational leader, partnering with our communities to develop potential and create opportunities. Successful students will strengthen their communities and, along with the faculty and staff, become life-long learners.
We are invested in our students by assisting them to achieve informed educational goals.
We foster an inclusive learning environment that celebrates the diversity of people, ideas and learning styles.
We promote a climate of trust and accountability through the open sharing of ideas and information.
We are focused to strive for and meet the highest standards of performance in everything we do.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best employees.
The mission of the Kern Community College District is to provide outstanding educational programs and services that are responsive to our diverse students and communities.
To accomplish this mission, we will:
- Provide academic instruction to promote fulfillment of four-year college transfer requirements and encourage degree and/or certificate acquisition in our surrounding communities.
- Provide workforce skills training through Career and Technical Education programs.
- Provide basic skills education and student services programs to enable students to become successful learners.
- Establish partnerships with businesses and governmental entities as well as other educational institutions to advance economic development.
- Improve the quality of life of our students and communities through broad-based general education courses.
- Prepare students with the skills to function effectively in the global economy of the 21st century.
- Anticipate and prepare to meet challenges by continually assessing and prioritizing programs, services, and community needs.
Strategic Goals and Objectives
Strategic Goal #1: Maximize Student Success
- Annual number of transfers
- Annual transfer rate
- Annual number of degrees and certificates
- Annual course success and retention
- Student Success Scorecard Completion Rate
Improve Milestone Achievements
- Percentage of students completing all matriculation components
- Student Success Scorecard 30-Unit rate
- Student Success Scorecard Persistence rate
- Student Success Scorecard Remedial English Progress Rate
- Student Success Scorecard Remedial Math Progress Rate
Increase Student Engagement
CCSSE key findings for:
- Active and Collaborative Learning
- Student Effort
- Academic Challenge
- Student-Faculty Interaction
- Support for Learners
Strategic Goal #2: Advance Student Equity Measures
Close Achievement Gaps
- Equity Plan data which disaggregates success metrics by demographic
Strategic Goal #3: Ensure Student Access
Optimize Student Enrollment
- Annual FTES
- Annual productivity
- Waitlisted enrollments on first day
- Number of concurrent enrollments
Be the Higher Education Option of First Choice
- Enrollment yield from feeder high schools
- Adult Participation rate (disaggregated)
Strategic Goal #4: Enhance Community Connections
Provide Workforce and Economic Development Programs that Respond to Local Industry
- Annual number of CTE degrees and certificates
- Annual number of contract education hours
- Student Success Scorecard CTE Completion rate
Reflect the Communities We Serve
- Percentage of employees who attend community meetings
- Degree to which employee diversity reflects the service area population
- Degree to which employee diversity reflects the student population
- Degree to which there is diversity in the employment applicant pool
Strategic Goal #5: Strengthen Organizational Effectiveness
Provide Effective Professional Development
- Percentage of employees who feel they have adequate training
- Percentage of employees who feel there are opportunities to learn and grow
- Percentage of employees who feel encouraged and supported
- Number of internal candidates hired in new positions
Meet and Exceed Internal and External Standards and Requirements
- Percentage of ACCJC institutional set standards met and ACCJC standards, policies, and eligibility requirements met
- Percentage of student learning outcomes at the course level with ongoing assessment
- Percentage of program learning outcomes with ongoing assessment
- Percentage of institutional learning outcomes with ongoing assessment
- Percentage of student services and learning support program learning outcomes with ongoing assessment
- Percentage of academic expenditures in the numerator
- Full-time to part-time faculty ratio
- Percentage of reserves
Increase Trust and Create a Collaborative Culture
- Percentage of employees who report trust between the colleges and the district office
- Percentage of employees reporting trust between employee groups
- Percentage of employees who feel there is a satisfactory level of communication
Improve Facilities and Maintenance
- Percentage of employees who feel the facilities are adequately maintained
- Number of work orders submitted for building maintenance, custodial and grounds and the percentage completed
- Number of safety and security incidents reported
- Percentage of employees who feel safe at their location