The Kern Community College District will be recognized as an exemplary educational leader, partnering with our communities to develop potential and create opportunities. Successful students will strengthen their communities and, along with the faculty and staff, become life-long learners.
The Board of Trustees and the employees of the Kern Community College District value:
- Assisting student to achieve informed educational goals.
- Fostering a learning environment that celebrates the diversity of people, idea, learning styles and instructional methodologies.
- Recruiting and retaining the best and brightest employees.
- Promoting a climate of trust by sharing ideas and information.
- Meeting the highest standards of performance in everything we do.
The mission of the Kern Community College District is to provide outstanding educational programs and services that are responsive to our diverse students and communities. To accomplish this mission, we will:
- Provide academic instruction to promote fulfillment of four-year college transfer requirements and encourage degree and/or certificate acquisition in our surrounding communities.
- Provide workforce skills training through Career and Technical Education programs.
- Provide basic skills education and student services programs to enable students to become successful learners.
- Establish partnerships with businesses and governmental entities as well as other educational institutions to advance economic development.
- Improve the quality of life of our students and communities through broad-based general education courses.
- Prepare students with the skills to function effectively in the global economy of the 21st century.
- Anticipate and prepare to meet challenges by continually assessing and prioritizing programs, services, and community needs.
Goals of the District
- Goal One: Maximize Student Success
- Goal Two: Advance Student Equity Measures
- Goal Three: Ensure Student Access
- Goal Four: Enhance Community Connections
- Goal Five: Strengthen Organizational Effectiveness