Chancellor's Seminar Series
Choose a seminar date to find more information and videos:
November 4, 2021: A COVID Conversation With Our Employee Leadership
September 21, 2021: COVID Impact on Our Local Hospitals
August 24, 2021: Caring for the Campus Community
August 17, 2021: Fall 2021 -Teaching & Learning with VPI’s and Senate Presidents
- Todd Coston Introduction (1:29)
- Sonya Christian's Remarks (10:30)
- Porterville College: Bob Simpkins & Thad Russell (7:09)
- Cerro Coso Community College: Yvonne Mills & Corey Marvin (9:51)
- Bakersfield College: Nick Strobel & Billie Jo Rice (10:35)
- Panel Discussion (8:06)
- Final Thoughts from Todd Coston (1:43)
August 9, 2021: Ready Education App
- Todd Coston Introduction (1:09)
- Sonya Christian's Remarks (9:43)
- Dena Rhoades Remarks (1:21)
- Roger Perez, Porterville College (6:01)
- Resa Hess, Cerro Coso Community College (2:47)
- Nicky Damania, Bakersfield College (4:13)
- Q&A with Joe Grubbs and Terri Higgins (6:22)
- Final Remarks with Todd Coston (1:43)
August 2, 2021: A Look At Facilities
- Todd Coston Introduction (1:24)
- Sonya Christian's Remarks (8:06)
- Randy Rowles Remarks (3:04)
- Don Birdwell on Health & Safety (3:30)
- Cody Pauxtis on Indoor Air Quality (4:12)
- Marcos Rodriguez on Contact Tracing (4:18)
- John Word on New Spaces (4:09)
- Campus Focus: Bakersfield College (1:45)
- Campus Focus: Cerro Coso Community College (1:03)
- Campus Focus: Porterville College (1:20)
- Frequently Asked Questions (7:00)
- New Facilities: Porterville College (5:10)
- New Facilities: Cerro Coso Community College (3:04)
- New Facilities: Bakersfield College (3:28)
- Final Remarks (2:20)
July 13, 2021: Back to Campus Discussion
- Part 1: Introduction with Todd Coston
- Part 2: Sonya Christian Remarks
- Part 3: Panel Discussion/Q&A
- Part 4: Wrap up with Todd Coston
To make it easier to find the answers to specific questions, we have also separated the full panel into individual questions below:
- Do we still have to screen/test for COVID?
- How can we ensure unvaccinated people continue to wear a mask?
- Can we mandate vaccines for special programs?
- Will vaccines be required on campus, and will we require proof?
- Who do we have to accommodate?
- Who would have access to vaccine records if we collected them?
- Will individuals be able to work from home if they are sick?
- Will the district discipline those that do not wear a mask?
- Have we addressed issues of ventilation and air purifiers?
- Are there contingency plans if variants pose an increased risk?
- How should we handle conflicting reports and guidelines?
- What about employees unprepared to return to campus?