Chancellor's Seminar Series
Choose a seminar date to find more information and videos:
April 26, 2022: Future of Teaching & Learning
- Part 1: Todd Coston Introduction (1:13)
- Part 2: Kern CCD Chancellor Sonya Christian Remarks (0:33)
- Part 3: Panel Introduction with Robert Simpkins (6:11)
- Part 4: Panel Question 1 (5:04)
- Part 5: Panel Question 2 (7:19)
- Part 6: Panel Question 3 (6:38)
- Part 7: Panel Question 4 (7:33)
- Part 8: Panel Question 5 (7:06)
- Part 9: Panel Question 6 (5:39)
- Part 10: Panel Question 7 (4:44)
- Part 11: Panel Question 8 (3:41)
- Part 12: Wrap-Up & Final Thoughts (2:31)
April 5, 2022: Personal Reflections and Visions of Teaching and Learning (Part 2)
- Introuduction from Todd Coston (1:13)
- Chancellor's Brief from Sonya Christian (5:35)
- Panel Introduction from Todd Coston & Robert Simpkins (4:06)
- Panel Question 1 (7:54)
- Panel Question 2 (7:58)
- Panel Question 3 (7:16)
- Panel Question 4 (5:27)
- Panel Question 5 (7:25)
- Panel Question 6 (7:25)
- Final Thoughts from Todd Coston (1:00)
March 23, 2022: Personal Reflections and Visions of Teaching and Learning
February 1, 2022: Dollars and Sense of Budgeting
- Full Seminar Video (52:35)
- Introduction from Todd Coston (1:03)
- Chancellor's Brief (6:37)
- Arlitha Williams-Harmon Remarks on District Office (21:17)
- Mike Giacomini Remarks on Bakersfield College (5:52)
- Lisa Couch Remarks on Cerro Coso Community College (7:03)
- Arlitha Williams-Harmon Remarks on Porterville College (5:47)
- Closing Remarks (1:10)
January 25, 2022: IT Infrastructure and How It All Works
November 4, 2021: A COVID Conversation With Our Employee Leadership
September 21, 2021: COVID Impact on Our Local Hospitals
August 24, 2021: Caring for the Campus Community
August 17, 2021: Fall 2021 -Teaching & Learning with VPI’s and Senate Presidents
- Todd Coston Introduction (1:29)
- Sonya Christian's Remarks (10:30)
- Porterville College: Bob Simpkins & Thad Russell (7:09)
- Cerro Coso Community College: Yvonne Mills & Corey Marvin (9:51)
- Bakersfield College: Nick Strobel & Billie Jo Rice (10:35)
- Panel Discussion (8:06)
- Final Thoughts from Todd Coston (1:43)
August 9, 2021: Ready Education App
- Todd Coston Introduction (1:09)
- Sonya Christian's Remarks (9:43)
- Dena Rhoades Remarks (1:21)
- Roger Perez, Porterville College (6:01)
- Resa Hess, Cerro Coso Community College (2:47)
- Nicky Damania, Bakersfield College (4:13)
- Q&A with Joe Grubbs and Terri Higgins (6:22)
- Final Remarks with Todd Coston (1:43)
August 2, 2021: A Look At Facilities
- Todd Coston Introduction (1:24)
- Sonya Christian's Remarks (8:06)
- Randy Rowles Remarks (3:04)
- Don Birdwell on Health & Safety (3:30)
- Cody Pauxtis on Indoor Air Quality (4:12)
- Marcos Rodriguez on Contact Tracing (4:18)
- John Word on New Spaces (4:09)
- Campus Focus: Bakersfield College (1:45)
- Campus Focus: Cerro Coso Community College (1:03)
- Campus Focus: Porterville College (1:20)
- Frequently Asked Questions (7:00)
- New Facilities: Porterville College (5:10)
- New Facilities: Cerro Coso Community College (3:04)
- New Facilities: Bakersfield College (3:28)
- Final Remarks (2:20)
July 13, 2021: Back to Campus Discussion
- Part 1: Introduction with Todd Coston
- Part 2: Sonya Christian Remarks
- Part 3: Panel Discussion/Q&A
- Part 4: Wrap up with Todd Coston
To make it easier to find the answers to specific questions, we have also separated the full panel into individual questions below:
- Do we still have to screen/test for COVID?
- How can we ensure unvaccinated people continue to wear a mask?
- Can we mandate vaccines for special programs?
- Will vaccines be required on campus, and will we require proof?
- Who do we have to accommodate?
- Who would have access to vaccine records if we collected them?
- Will individuals be able to work from home if they are sick?
- Will the district discipline those that do not wear a mask?
- Have we addressed issues of ventilation and air purifiers?
- Are there contingency plans if variants pose an increased risk?
- How should we handle conflicting reports and guidelines?
- What about employees unprepared to return to campus?