Kern Community College District
Statement of Ethics
Standards of Practice — The members of the Board of Trustees shall comply with the legal and ethical requirements of the State of California. In fulfilling their roles as members of the Board, they shall:
- Hold the educational welfare of the students of the District as their primary concern,
- Maintain confidentiality on District matters as appropriate,
- Base individual decisions on available facts, and uphold the final decisions of the Board,
- Take no action as a member of the Board for personal gain, and
- Conduct personal relationships with District staff and members of the community based on the fact that they have no legal authority outside the meetings of the Board.